fishkeeping-iom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Sea 130 Protein Skimmer

3 posters

Go down

Red Sea 130 Protein Skimmer Empty Red Sea 130 Protein Skimmer

Post  mrobinson2 Tue 16 Feb 2010, 11:08 am

I recently setup my Red Sea 130D and when the protein skimmer is on, although it does produce bubbles in the collection tray it collects them at a huge rate where the collection cup is full in approx 1 minute and begints to overflow !

I have tried turning the air valve up and up but still it takes in way too many bubbles/water.

Any suggestions ?

mrobinson2

Back to top Go down

Red Sea 130 Protein Skimmer Empty Re: Red Sea 130 Protein Skimmer

Post  Gemfish Sun 21 Feb 2010, 2:33 pm

If it's a brand new skimmer i've noticed they can take a while to settle in, and constant adjustment for the 1st day or 2. Has it settled down now?

Gemfish

Back to top Go down

Red Sea 130 Protein Skimmer Empty 130D Skimmer

Post  juliamarina Sat 24 Apr 2010, 6:42 pm

Hi, Does the 130D have side window, if so make sure the level of the water is not too high, by adjusting the flow gate at the back of the tank, up and down until the level is about on level line two, (THAT IS FOR MY 250 RED SEA MAX), and that way when you have the two pumps on and the level is correct you should be able to adjust the skimmer button open fully and then while lid up wait a while, watch the water level in the left hand chamber last on left, is not too high, and you should be able to get it with a little patience. Hope you have sorted this out.

Regards,

Juliamarina cheers affraid

juliamarina

Back to top Go down

Red Sea 130 Protein Skimmer Empty Re: Red Sea 130 Protein Skimmer

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum