fishkeeping-iom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone running LED lights ?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone running LED lights ? Empty Anyone running LED lights ?

Post  Draylin Fri 10 Apr 2015, 11:11 am

Starting a thread on this.

My current setup : Kessil a350 led marine

Regards

Draylin

Draylin

Back to top Go down

Anyone running LED lights ? Empty Re: Anyone running LED lights ?

Post  cjmurphy Fri 10 Apr 2015, 11:18 am

I've just sold mine but was running a radion gen3 with good results. A mate has 3 above his red sea S500 with amazing growth on his sps. Expensive new but some good prices on ebay for gen2's now. You need to heat the tank alot more in winter but id say led are the way to go without a doubt.
cjmurphy
cjmurphy
Admin

https://fishkeeping-iom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Reef-Keeper-ZN Fri 10 Apr 2015, 11:52 am

I was watching "Tanked" last night and I saw them use these Radion lights in a reef tank.

They look good actually. The price is high due to the amount of research that goes into these lights. Its the same as the Kessil... (they arent cheap)

These cheap Chinese imports have no real research in them and dont really meet the requirements of the light spectrum for coral growth.

Something I have learned over my time with marine lighting... Dont be cheap about it! (I am sure you will agree with me Draylin). People end up spending more over time due to the fact they are not happy with coral growth etc.

I have more stuff to say about lighting but it might be more relevant later on when people ask different questions.

P.S in terms of LED's I am a huge fan of Cree Smile
Reef-Keeper-ZN
Reef-Keeper-ZN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mon 13 Apr 2015, 9:27 pm

Hi guys,

Just a quick message about the lighting I am running and have ran in the past. I currently run 4 Ecotech Radion Pro's. I know these lights are expensive but after seeing my friends Reef tank under Radions LED s I was blown away with his SPS corals, the growth and colour was stunning. I have ran T5 and metal halide in the past and had always been concerned if LED s had what it takes to grow SPS but I am happy to say they are the one of the best investments I have made on my current tank.

If you are serious about growing SPS corals then dig deep and order some Ecotech Radions, you wont be disappointed.
Sean
Sean
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down