fishkeeping-iom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My tropical record 90

3 posters

Go down

My tropical record 90 Empty My tropical record 90

Post  ro0bi Mon 07 Dec 2009, 10:38 pm

Hi Guys
It is my bigger Embarassed tank, with few fish only due to few recent problems with some strange illness killing some of my fish. I have decided to wait couple of months before adding something new. Also most of the plants on the front have just been planted so they don't look greatest as yet.

My tropical record 90 P1040410
My tropical record 90 P1040413

I hope you would enjoy it as much as I do.

And my little (about 20 litres) shrimp tank with couple of ghost/glass shrimps and few dozens of red cherry, also used to grow fry from the bigger one when/if spotted before eaten. Not to many plants there as yet due to much needed light development, at the moment only 11W which is well to low to grow anything but maybe in new year or after bonus in March, if I get one Wink.

My tropical record 90 P1040411

Thanks for looking
ro0bi
ro0bi
ro0bi

Back to top Go down

My tropical record 90 Empty Re: My tropical record 90

Post  ro0bi Tue 15 Dec 2009, 8:33 pm

Going well expect for the Hemianthus Callitrichoides which seams to be very slow growing, poor rooting and is being nipped by fish.
My tropical record 90 P1040510
ro0bi
ro0bi

Back to top Go down

Post  ro0bi Sun 03 Jan 2010, 3:03 am

My tropical record 90 P1040512

My tropical record 90 P1040610
ro0bi
ro0bi

Back to top Go down

My tropical record 90 Empty nice

Post  dave Tue 12 Jan 2010, 2:00 pm

Hi ro0bi, that looks really nice - your plants are coming along fantastic, can i ask what lighting you have on the tank and what's the plant on the floor?

Thanks

Dave

dave

Back to top Go down

Post  ro0bi Tue 12 Jan 2010, 9:00 pm

dave wrote:Hi ro0bi, that looks really nice - your plants are coming along fantastic, can i ask what lighting you have on the tank and what's the plant on the floor?

Hi Dave

Lights are 2x55W PLL - the Phillips Master 865 on the middle & the Interpet TriPlus on the front.
The last picture is showing tank with Phillips only due to an accident with my air pump (one of the hoses got off and water went straight to my ballast Crying or Very sad ).

The plant on the first plan, centre of the tank is Glossostigma elatinoides, if you are on IOM I can spare some cuttings. Smile See below picture for close up.
My tropical record 90 P1040611 Crying or Very sad
ro0bi
ro0bi

Back to top Go down

My tropical record 90 Empty Planted Tank

Post  juliamarina Sun 24 Jan 2010, 2:43 pm

Hi RoObi,

Love the plants, never seem to have any luck with plants, have you got CO/2 in there? Wouldn't mind a few cuttings, if you can spare, I have Discus, Angels and Neons, plus cory's in my 400 litre, been running for a couple of years now.

Juliamarina (Ramsey) lol! bounce

juliamarina

Back to top Go down

Post  ro0bi Mon 25 Jan 2010, 1:30 am

Hi Juliamarina

Yes I do add co2, I have tried 'low tech' (without adding co2) but it did not work, as a big fan of plants and green tanks last year decided to go 'hi tech' (lights 3Watts+ per gallon and co2). So cold DIY co2 (yeast) was my first choice but it was not as reliable as I needed for my tank and after disaster with yeast getting in to the tank in November I have sort of invested in pressurized system (DIY build - running of co2 fire extinguisher).
As you can see on the pictures it does work Very Happy . I still have to work out the 'feeding dose's for my plants but it is just question of time (I hope it is).
As for plant cuttings I wish you give me a shout two weeks ago, I have been doing some heavy pruning and something like 3 litres in volume of plants landed in the skip (It was hard breaking for me but did not have any space to plant it as my tank is only about 90 litres). If all goes as it is today the end of the next week some plants will need further pruning, I think quite a few cuttings will face a choice of new home (preferred) or a skip No
Please let me know what sort of lighting you do have installed on you tank so I can choose plants right for you to start, also may be able to suggest some sort of nutrition and co2 or equivalent (excel or similar) if you wish to try 'go green' Question
Anyway below is the latest picture of my tank 27.01.2010 - try to point plants you like and I will work out when you can get it Very Happy
My tropical record 90 P1040612
ro0bi
ro0bi

Back to top Go down

My tropical record 90 Empty Plants

Post  juliamarina Mon 25 Jan 2010, 4:26 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply. Your tank looks splendiforous, I have no plants in my tank, a 400 litre, with eight discus, 4 Angel fish, 5 Neons, and about ten cory's.

Which do you suggest, and I do not understand the methods of Co2, never gone in for plants but have ordered some off ebay, I do like the ground cover plants, but understand that with the Discus, tall thin plants are good, but I am sure they will be pleased with any.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

I also have a 250 Red Sea Max., I also love my corals.

Juliamarin farao Basketball lol!

juliamarina

Back to top Go down

Post  ro0bi Mon 25 Jan 2010, 7:24 pm

Hi Juliamarina

As for co2, please note that plants breathe using co2 as fish breathe with o2. In your tank you will have some level of co2 generated by your fish which most likely will be to low for many plants. If you place few plants in the tank they will consume all available co2 very quickly if the lights will be on right level as such some external source of co2 will be required.

The co2 can be provided in two forms:
1. gas co2
2.chemical equivalent (seachem Excel)

In the first case you have 2 options:
1. Biological co2 source (yeast eating sugar closed in air tight bottle)
2. pressurised co2 (co2 in high pressure cylinder which is then injected)

In the second case (Excel) all you need to do is dose the right amount of given liquid daily however not all plants like or can take this treatment (ricca fluittantis, spirulina viralis,...)

In you case I will suggest to start with liquid option first so you can get in to the plants and related issues. Then once you got the bug it is like with you corals, will cost a bit but will look a treat.

OK, now when co2 is available you plants will need light so they can start growing. You can not expect plants to grow if they do not have appropriate light. Unfortunately it can not be just light, it has to be as close to natural sun light as possible and at the same time have the right colour for you plants to look nice 'green' and get all of the energy they need from it. So the lights you have will be very important for the future 'well being' of you plants.
Taking all that into account it may be quite a challenge to get it right from the first time and that's why so many people struggle with keeping plants in the tank however I would strongly advice do not stop trying, it is well worth the effort to see happy fish in green surrounding, it is like a magic window, with incredible view always sunny, and green, and full of life.
I think I am going in to much detail here as it should be a photo section silent

Anyway, I am more than happy to provide any required help and advice as long as my knowledge and experience last to anyone who need and wish to take it.

Coming back to you tank; what lights do you have (fluorescent?) and how many watts there is?

Regards
Ro0bi geek
ro0bi
ro0bi

Back to top Go down

My tropical record 90 Empty 02/02/2010

Post  ro0bi Tue 02 Feb 2010, 7:45 pm

My tropical record 90 P1040710
ro0bi
ro0bi

Back to top Go down

Post  cjmurphy Wed 03 Feb 2010, 8:44 pm

Looks amazing ro0bi, Cool

Im sure there's been some serious time and effort gone into maintaining and arranging all of those plants.

I moved your topic into the main freshwater section where you can continue as a diary of your tank and keep us all updated.

Thanks for posting
cjmurphy
cjmurphy
Admin

https://fishkeeping-iom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My tropical record 90 Empty Tropical Plants

Post  juliamarina Sun 07 Feb 2010, 9:54 am

Hi Robert,

Just to say a BIG THANK YOU for the lovely plants, maybe you can call on us another day with wife and baby son, love to see you , just ring to make sure I am in.

Kind regards,

Juliamarina flower lol!

juliamarina

Back to top Go down

My tropical record 90 Empty 11.03.2010

Post  ro0bi Thu 11 Mar 2010, 6:52 pm

My tropical record 90 P1040911

And one of my 'cherries' catches on camera yesterday
My tropical record 90 P1040912
ro0bi
ro0bi

Back to top Go down

Post  ro0bi Mon 17 Jan 2011, 12:43 am

The tank has found new home on January the 8th 2011, and has been replaced with Vision 180 Very Happy
ro0bi
ro0bi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down