fishkeeping-iom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newbie saying hi

2 posters

Go down

newbie saying hi Empty newbie saying hi

Post  gavin Wed 14 Oct 2009, 11:48 pm

Hello all

Just thought I would make myself known, I am into tropical at the moment, will maybe venture into marine next year. I currently have 11 tanks, 2 as display tanks in the house and the rest are in my garage which I am currently turning into a mini fish house. My favourate species is discus which I am hopefully going to attempt to breed once the fish house is up and running.

I shall post up some pictures over the next week or so.

I am positive that this will be a great site once the word gets out. Good job.

Regards

Gavin

gavin

Back to top Go down

newbie saying hi Empty Re: newbie saying hi

Post  Robbo Sat 07 Nov 2009, 8:45 pm

Hi Gavin,

You are the guy who got those mollies from me I believe.

How are they doing?

Upgraded my tank this week to a Cayman 110 so the shark has more room!!

Also added 5 gouramis, 6 serphe tetras, 2 golden loach & 5 tetra barbs taking with the firemouths so got some variety.

Would like one or 2 more but not sure what will mix best
Nick
Robbo
Robbo

Back to top Go down

Post  gavin Tue 10 Nov 2009, 7:37 pm

Hello

Yes I am the one who had the mollies from you, They are doing very well now after there slight trauma!! Rolling Eyes

I woke up one morning to find that the tank drained overnight and they were all laying on bottom. I scooped them up and stuck them in a bucket untill I got a 2nd tank ready. They are all very well now, one of the ladies is getting nice and fat and is starting to darken around her behind, shouldnt be too long before she spawns I believe.

Good news on the bigger tank (never a bad thing! Very Happy ) but sorry to hear you are having trouble with the barbs. Keep with it as these things happen. I have kept fish which experts advise not to keep with others and they have been find, its a case of experimenting and having a play, I am lucky I guess as if my fish dont agree I have other tanks to put them in.

Good luck with it all

Regards

Gavin

gavin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbo Tue 10 Nov 2009, 9:46 pm

Cheers Gavin,

Glad the mollies are doing well. Let me know how many babies you get.

That was the really exciting part for us when we found babies in the tank and it's the part I'll miss the most
Robbo
Robbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum