fishkeeping-iom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Go down

New Member Empty New Member

Post  themoose Mon 18 Jan 2010, 8:13 pm

Just saying HI!
Hoping to get a tank this coming weekend. Had a yen for an aquarium for a long while now, but other interests prevented it. Now getting older and slowing down, decided the time was right. Never kept fish before. Starting with tropical and hope someday to have a marine reef.
Cheers
themoose

themoose

Back to top Go down

New Member Empty Re: New Member

Post  maxi Tue 19 Jan 2010, 6:59 pm

A good move !! its an addictive hobby, and one tank never seems to be enough !! My one piece of advice would be, buy a water test kit when you buy the tank, its an invaluable piece of kit, and one which saves you a lot of heartache , I was always told,we are keepers of water, not fish !!! ! Very Happy

what tank are you hoping to get?

maxi

Back to top Go down

Post  themoose Tue 19 Jan 2010, 8:28 pm

Hi,
It was a Juwel Vision 260 c/w stand filters etc.
Only when I got there to view it, sime bugger beat me to it with pound notes on the table!
Going to have a look at a Juwel 110 litre set up tomorrow.
Cheers
themoose
==============================================================

A good move !! its an addictive hobby, and one tank never seems to be enough !! My one piece of advice would be, buy a water test kit when you buy the tank, its an invaluable piece of kit, and one which saves you a lot of heartache , I was always told,we are keepers of water, not fish !!! ! Very Happy

what tank are you hoping to get?

themoose

Back to top Go down

Post  maxi Tue 19 Jan 2010, 8:48 pm

juwels are nice tanks, good quality,and easy to maintain. its good to try and get a bigger tank,as a larger volume of water is more forgiving, if anything untoward happens. The juwel filtration is good,though it sometimes benfits from either upgrading to a more powerful pump,or adding an external. good luck with the tank, a second hand one is a good idea, as they are expensive from new.

maxi

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Tue 02 Mar 2010, 9:39 pm

Shocked I think I know you Shocked
Are you my husband .. lol! xxx

Caroline

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down