fishkeeping-iom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello all,setting marine tank up

2 posters

Go down

hello all,setting marine tank up Empty hello all,setting marine tank up

Post  Md0dpg Tue 28 May 2013, 6:45 pm

i thought i would say hello and say i am setting up a marine tank and would like to ask for any tips or help thanks,

paul md0dpg Very Happy

Md0dpg

Back to top Go down

hello all,setting marine tank up Empty Re: hello all,setting marine tank up

Post  cjmurphy Wed 05 Jun 2013, 8:39 am

Welcome to the forum mate Very Happy

Just wondering what marine tank you have chosen and what type system you plan on keeping.

I'd say keep it simple, take your time and make sure there's no major fluctuations in temp, salinity or ph and it should go ok.

Keeping any unwanted algae at bay can be the toughest part and will ruin the overal look of the tank. A good clean up crew and not overstocking or over feeding will help, along with water changes obviously.

Will you be starting a thread in the marine tank diarys section?

Good luck!
cjmurphy
cjmurphy
Admin

https://fishkeeping-iom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

hello all,setting marine tank up Empty juwel trigon 190

Post  Md0dpg Thu 06 Jun 2013, 6:35 pm

Hi, yes i am using my old tropical tank to start of with a juwel trigon 190 its a 190l tank (i have my eye on a red sea tank but that will have to wait) i have fitted an external scimmer two power heads salt water is in and live rock is in now so i am testing the water every other day at the min, i want to keep more reef and soft corals than fish, crabs and starfish things like that i would love to see in my tank.What sort of soft corals would you recomend for a beginner.I have wanted to set up a tank for at least 20 years lol so im in no rush but now im on my way.Thanks for your help trigger any more elp is alway welcome.

Md0dpg

Back to top Go down

hello all,setting marine tank up Empty Re: hello all,setting marine tank up

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down